Eden Caceda is a Sydney-based writer and broadcaster. His writing has appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald, Filmink, Junkee, Concrete Playground and more.
Some of my best work
For the Sydney Morning Herald: Wednesday’s revocation of the Sydney University staff party’s “Mexican fiesta” theme, as organised by the Vice-Chancellor’s office, has been met with virulent backlash.
For BULL Magazine: Forty years ago my grandparents arrived in this country escaping the economic and political upheaval of 1970’s Argentina.
For Filmink: Writer/director, Destin Daniel Cretton, expands his award-winning short for his debut feature, ‘Short Term 12’, a gutsy and powerful portrait of a home for at-risk teens.
Some of my most talked about work
For Junkee: Taking into account the nature of the plot and the fact that the novel was able to capture specific parts of Australian society and culture that hadn’t been properly explored before, it’s no surprise that the new Americanised series, which premiered last week on NBC, has received mixed reviews
For Honi Soit: Eden Caceda speaks to New York-based photographer Flo Fox.
For Concrete Playground: Lay down and listen to a historic organ in Sydney Town Hall, see an energetic display of youth in western Sydney and explore a light-filled inflated labyrinth in Darling Harbour.
Some of my recent work
- Where to Shop Like a Local In and Around Rose Bay
- OzHarvest Has Opened a Second Pay-What-You-Can Supermarket for Sydneysiders Doing it Tough
- Sydney Institution Frango Has Opened Australia’s First Charcoal Chicken Drive-Thru
- Carriageworks Has Officially Been Saved — and Plans to Restart Events As Early As August
- Six Healthy Changes You Can Make To Your Working Day
- Four Mardi Gras Events to Hit at This Surry Hills Pub to Make the Festivities Last All Month